- Youtube Video Downloader Mac Free
- Free Web Video Downloader For Mac
- Free Web Video Downloader For Mac
- Free Web Video Downloader
- Web Downloader Mac
Get all the videos you like for offline watching! Download all the videos you want with the simple and smart downloader! Get it for your PC or Mac. WeVideo is the online video editor that makes it easy to capture, create, view and share your movies at up to 4K resolution for stunning playback anywhere. Video creation for all. Advanced video editing features made easy through a simple interface.
To begin with, it supports 100+ popular video hosting websites including such giants as YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion and Instagram. There is even a quick access to those three websites in VideoDuke, just one click - and you are ready to pick and download videos. VideoDuke offers downloading in 2 modes - Simple and Advanced which is very convenient. Simple mode allows to perform fast downloading of a video from URL or extracting an audio from a video, while Advanced mode offers 4 tabs with different downloading options. It is also possible to integrate VideoDuke into a web browser and download files even faster.
Are you tired of losing your favorite video after watching it? VideoDuke has a simple and useful solution for you - bookmark any video or a webpage and access it anytime you want. Manage all your bookmarks easily by right-clicking them.
- • Two different modes of using the app - Simple and Advanced.
- • Web browser integration for faster downloads.
- • Wide list of formats and resolutions to choose from.
- • Support for all the popular video hosting platforms and social media websites.
- • Offers only 2 downloads for free, however, that’s still enough to see how good this app is.
The bottom line about VideoDuke is that it offers the most complex app for downloading videos on Mac, no matter the source or the original quality. With VideoDuke you can save all your favorite videos and always have them available, even without the Internet. Even more than that, you can change the format and resolution in case you want to save the video to another device.
2. How to download videos on your Mac with VideoDuke
- Download and then install VideoDuke, video downloader for Mac.
- Run the application and select from YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion in the main window.
- Navigate those websites directly from the Mac video downloader interface, without needing to use a browser.
- After you’ve identified the video you want to download, it will be processed by VideoDuke. Then, open the “All Resources” tab to access the list of resources that can be downloaded from the webpage. You can either select the elements you want to download or press “Download All” to get everything.
- If you already have the URL for the video you wish to download, you can directly paste it to start the download process.
- Just like with other top Mac video downloaders, VideoDuke will save the file in the default folder which is Downloads -> VideoDuke. However, you can change that by accessing the preferences and then Save files to.
3. Elmedia Player PRO for Mac
Elmedia Player PRO is a superhero in video downloading for Mac. It can download and play pretty much anything. The free version will play all popular formats like FLV, SWF, AVI, MOV, MP4, MP3, DAT, M4V, MKV.
Elmedia Player PRO version will download YouTube videos on Mac as well as Facebook, DailyMotion, Vimeo, Instagram, Twitter etc. YouTube support is not limited by video downloading. Elmedia supports channels, playlists and extracts MP3 sounds from videos. The app can also download subtitles and save in .srt format.
Elmedia Player PRO can download streaming video on Mac, including videos broadcasted via RTMP and embedded via HTML5. One can use the Open URL option to preview the video online.
- • Wide range of formats it can work with.
- • Downloads from hundreds of websites.
- • Doubles as a player.
- • The more advanced functions of this video downloader Mac are only available in the paid PRO version.
All in all, you’re looking at a versatile software that offers both a free video downloader for Mac and a paid version as well. This makes it so versatile and compatible with the various needs of users. The user interface is simple and intuitive, the service offered is qualitative and that’s what makes Elmedia Player an excellent choice.
4. MacX YouTube Downloader
If you’re looking for an awesome free online video and audio downloader for Mac, you need to take a good look at the MacX YouTube Downloader. Also, don’t get confused by the name as it can download videos and audio from a wider list of websites, not just YouTube. With it, you can build your offline library and download from over 300 websites and save the media in your desired format. The main formats to choose from are MP4, WebM, and FLV while the resolutions included start from the lowest and go all the way to 4K.
- • Free downloader for Mac.
- • Supports downloads from over 300 websites.
- • Wide range of resolutions are supported.
- • The list of formats offered by this free downloader isn’t as wide as other software presented on our list.
For not having to pay a penny to use it, MacX YouTube Downloader provides a great service. However, if you want to make your videos ready for a multitude of devices, you may want to find something with a bit more flexibility when it comes to formats.
5. 4K Video Downloader
4K Video Downloader offers downloading video and audio files from YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, Flickr, Facebook and DailyMotion. Supports YouTube subtitles, playlists and channels. 4K Video Downloader supports saving videos in various resolutions from HD 1080p, HD 720p to 4K and in multiple formats like MP4, MKV, OGG, MP3, M4A, 3G. This video downloader is free but lacks presets for special devices and doesn't offer playback.
- • Downloads both audio and video from a wide range of websites.
- • Supports social media websites as well.
- • Subtitle support and a wide range of formats.
- • It can’t really have a chance as the best video downloader for Mac since it doesn’t support playback and the list of devices you can convert videos for is limited.
Taking into consideration that the 4K Video Player is 100% free, it does an excellent job. However, for those that want a bit more flexibility from their video downloader, it may feel a bit too light.
6. Total Video downloader for Mac
Total Video Downloader for Mac is a very simple video downloader for Mac OS X that is actually super fast. With this Mac video downloader, you can download basically any format (.mp4, .avi, .flv, .3gp, .webm) from multiple online video sources (YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, Metacafe). What's great about this app is that you just need to copy & paste the video link which will automatically pop up the download box. Total Video Downloader for Mac won't convert or optimize your videos once they've been downloaded though.
- • Intuitive user interface.
- • Very easy to use even by people with no computer knowledge.
- • Most popular video formats supported.
- • Unlike other software, the Total Video Downloader for Mac isn’t capable of converting the videos once downloaded. So, if you want to change the formats again, you will need another app.
All in all, the Total Video Downloader does a good job for users that want to quickly save online videos like MP4, AVI, FLV, 3GP or WebM files on their Mac. It’s also a small app that won’t put any stress on your computer.
7. Get Tube for Mac OS X
GetTube for Mac was specifically developed for YouTube downloading. It supports simultaneous downloading of multiple files from the Internet. Once installed, it adds its option to the menu bar. This downloader doesn't have the integration with your browser, it is a standalone app. To download with Get Tube you'll just need to click the video and the download automatically begins. You have an option to save videos in different formats.
Most of the time it is a stress free app, but sometimes Get Tube pops an error message even if a video is selected.
- • Designed for YouTube Downloads.
- • Easy to use, adds a download button in the menu bar.
- • Wide offer of formats.
- • Doesn’t offer browser integration and the list of formats is not very big. However, it gets the job done.
Get Tube is excellent if you want to rapidly download YouTube videos and save them on your Mac. While it doesn’t offer a wide list of options, it’s still an awesome tool to get the job done and enjoy the videos offline.
8. YTD Video Downloader
YTD video downloader for Mac is one of the most well-known apps for YouTube video downloading in HD and HQ that can download complete playlists. It allows conversion of downloaded videos to other formats like .mp4, .mp3, .wmv, .flv, .mov, .3gp, .avi. YTD Video Downloader supports many other websites too. Supports multiple devices including iPad, iPhone, iPod, Samsung Galaxy, HTC, Kindle Fire, Blackberry.
- • Extended support for devices that are not extremely popular.
- • Popular audio and video formats included.
- • Wide range of resolutions.
- • Most of the advanced features are included in the PRO version that can only be accessed if bought.
YTD is a complete solution for downloading videos and storing them on a high number of devices. This internet video downloader enables users to rapidly get all their favorite videos and build an offline library.
9. Wondershare AllMyTube
Continuing our list of apps that answer the “How to download videos on Mac?” question, we stop at Wondershare AllMyTube. Just like the name suggests, it’s a tool that covers a wide range of websites. You can use it on websites popular for hosting content, social media and many more. It’s offers an excellent cover when talking about formats, with all the most popular video ( FLV, MP4, AVI, MPG, MKV, WMV, M4V, MOV, MPG) and audio ( MP3, M4A, AC3, AAC, WMA, WAV, OGG ) formats available which makes it perfect for getting videos ready for a wide range of devices. From smartphones to tablets, Mac or other laptops, Wondershare AllMyTube is a very versatile tool.
- • Extensive list of formats and resolutions to choose from.
- • Extremely wide list of websites from which you can download.
- • Friendly user interface.
- • The only downside of this video Mac downloader comes from only being available for 5 downloads before the trial version expires.
An excellent downloader for Mac that makes it extremely easy for you to save videos from a lot of sites and have them ready directly for the device you want to store it on. The trial version is enough so that you convince yourself of its quality.
10. MediaHuman YouTube to MP3 Converter
MediaHuman YouTube to MP3 Converter for Mac actually converts not just YouTube videos to MP3 format, but also supports Vevo, Vimeo, DailyMotion, Soundcloud, Bandcamp & Hype Machine videos. It allows saving audio tracks in original quality without conversion. This video downloader for Mac allows you to download the entire playlist to your computer. This app is free.
- • Free to use.
- • Converts any YouTube video to MP3.
- • Can deal with Video as well.
- • The range of video formats is not as extended as the audio ones.
MediaHuman YouTube to MP3 Converter is a small app that gets the job done and is ideal for users that don’t want a lot of settings. Even if the formats available aren’t that diverse, the resolutions can reach 8k.
11. Gihosoft TubeGet for Mac
If you want to download any video online you need a reliable tool. And that’s exactly what Gihosoft TubeGet is delivering. You can grab videos from YouTube and a lot of other websites and social media platforms and convert them into MP3, MP4, MKV, MOV or AVI. Besides that, the resolution range is very flexible starting with 240p and all the way to 8K. To start the download process it’s enough to paste the URL of the website where the video is located, select the video resolution and click on “Download”.
- • Covers both video and audio downloads from YouTube and 100 other websites.
- • Handles low resolutions and 8K as well.
- • Intuitive interface.
- • Even though it’s not a real downside, the app doesn’t come with browser integration. You need to paste the URL to get the download process started.
Youtube Video Downloader Mac Free
Gihosoft TubeGet is more than just a video ripper. It can also transform YouTube videos in audio files and it does the same to videos from multiple other websites. It comes with a generous range of formats and quality settings for a complete experience.
12. Top 3 Online Video Downloaders
Using an online video downloader for Mac is considered by most users the best way to go. You don’t have to download any software and you’re saving time with installing or checking the system requirements on it. The best part is that these are most of the time absolutely free. Here are the top video downloaders for Mac we found.
With Clipconverter.cc you can be sure to download any video from a multitude of websites. Not only that this Mac video downloader will provide you with all the needed tools to get the videos you wish, but it also comes with multiple format and quality choices. As cool as it is, it could use a better user interface because, even though the instructions are simple, the website’s overall look isn’t excellent.
We couldn’t complete our list of top video downloaders for Mac without mentioning Videofk as well. This fast and efficient online tool enables you to download and save any video from the Internet. You can always count on Videofk to provide top quality results in a timely manner, however, the options when it comes to format and resolution are quite limited.
As the name of this video downloader for Mac suggests, it is specialised in downloading videos from YouTube. However, that’s not the only website it can work on. There’s practically no limit when it comes to the places you can download videos from, choose the desired quality and format so that you can fit the video on any device. The thing with TubeOffline though, is you can’t download multiple videos at once, you need to go one by one.
13. Top parameters on choosing best video downloader
Free Web Video Downloader For Mac
- • Number of supported sites - the more, the merrier in this situation. You wouldn’t want to need a different video downloader for Mac on each website category.
- • Ability to choose the format and video quality - downloading videos from websites is all about tweaking your experience to perfection. Choose the exact format to match the device you’re saving the video on and the quality so that you have an awesome experience.
- • Audio extracting - more features equals more fun! You can also build an offline library while you’re out there downloading your favorite videos.
- • Сompact and user-friendly interface - because nobody likes to read a user manual. A good interface is vital for such software.
- • Bulk downloading - downloading videos one by one just won’t cut it. Especially when you’re downloading an entire playlist.
- • Pausing/resume downloading - no matter how well you plan, there are moments when you’ll just need to pause the download for a while and resume it at a later time.
- • YouTube Downloading Channels and playlists - if bulk downloads are possible, why not go full on and get the channels and playlists together?
- • Streaming video downloading - why wait for a live video to be saved and then download it? Get it while it’s still streaming!
- • Browser integration support - if the downloader can be integrated in your software, things are going to be easier and faster!
14. What is a video downloader?
A video downloader is the app performing a digital transfer of video files via the Internet to a computer or a device for further decoding and playing. Both legal downloads and downloads of copyrighted material are included in the term. You will top Mac video downloaders for those situations in which you are travelling to an area with limited Internet connectivity or when you’re facing a long flight. A Mac video downloader can be very useful when you’re traveling abroad and you’re not sure how much data will cost. Why spend a lot of money streaming videos from YouTube when you can save the videos on your phone? Each video downloader has its own particularities and only by going through them will you be able to find the best one for your needs!
15. What’s the Best Website to Download Videos From?
Among the most popular websites to download videos from, YouTube holds a special position since it’s the main source of content for many of us. However, this doesn’t make it the only reliable source for videos and we’re going to take a good look at each option you have.
Vimeo is very similar to YouTube in many ways, however, this is a platform dedicated to professionals advertising their videography services or in similar domains. Just like YouTube, you can search the videos you want to see and the site hosts a lot of genres from funny videos, short films, documentaries and many more.
We’ve all used Facebook at least once. There’s no need for us to present what Facebook is all about. However, perhaps not all users know that Facebook is a valuable source for videos and it’s more important than on YouTube or Vimeo to be able to save Facebook videos.
Used by hundreds of millions every day, YouTube is the biggest streaming platform available online. Millions of content creators upload their videos and share information for an interconnected universe. YouTube can serve as inspiration, education, motivation and many more thanks to its varied video content.
Dailymotion is another popular website to download videos from. When you download video from website like DailyMotion you are sure to get access to the freshest news and materials on what’s going on around the world. Even though the DailyMotion library isn’t as big as what YouTube offers, the content here is a lot more curated.
LiveLeak is the equivalent of YouTube but without censorship. The news that is harder to digest is usually posted here. Of course, this makes LiveLeak a bit too much to handle at times, however, for those that want to get unfiltered information, it is a great place.
Turn your videos into movie magic.
With iMovie for iOS and macOS, you can enjoy your videos like never before. It’s easy to browse your clips and create Hollywood-style trailers and stunning 4K-resolution movies. You can even start editing on iPhone or iPad, then finish on your Mac.
Download iMovie for iOS
Download iMovie for macOS
See a film shot in 4K resolution on iPhone and edited with iMovie.Watch in HDDownload the 4K version
Easy. From the first scene to the last.
Whether you’re using a Mac or an iOS device, it’s never been easier to make it in the movies. Just choose your clips, then add titles, music, and effects. iMovie even supports 4K video for stunning cinema-quality films. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a wrap.
Select from dozens of styles to add beautifully animated titles and credits to your movies. On a Mac, you can easily customize the font, size, formatting, and color of the text.
Choose from 10 creative video filters that add a cinematic touch. Give your film a nostalgic silent‑era style, a vintage western appearance, or a futuristic cool-blue look. It’s simple to apply filters to individual clips or your entire movie at once.
Make action shots more exciting by slowing them down. Let viewers fly through scenes by speeding them up. Or add a broadcast feel to your school report with picture-in-picture and split-screen effects.
Rock your video with over 80 smart soundtracks on iOS that intelligently adjust to match the length of your movie. You can also add built-in sound effects or record your own voiceover to create a video that sounds as good as it looks.
Transport yourself with green-screen effects.
Go everywhere you’ve always wanted to — without leaving home. With green-screen effects in iMovie for iOS and macOS, you can place yourself or your characters in exotic locations with a tap or a click. Masking controls and strength adjustments let you fine-tune the effect for maximum believability.
You have hundreds of videos. And one big dream to be a moviemaker. iMovie trailers let you quickly create fun, Hollywood-style movie trailers from all that footage. Choose from a range of templates in almost any genre, pick your studio logo, and type in your movie title and credits. Then add photos and videos to the storyboard. Whether you’re using an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you’ll have an instant blockbuster.
Free Web Video Downloader For Mac
iMovie for iOS and iMovie for macOS are designed to work together. You can start cutting a project on your iPhone, then use AirDrop or iCloud Drive to wirelessly transfer it to your iPad. You can also send a project from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac for finishing touches like color correction and animated maps. And you can even open iMovie projects in Final Cut Pro to take advantage of professional editing tools. Time to take a bow.
iMovie on MacBook Pro
You have a great touch for making movies.
iMovie is even easier to use with MacBook Pro, featuring the revolutionary Touch Bar. The most useful commands automatically appear on the keyboard, right where you need them. And MacBook Pro easily powers through demanding 4K video projects so you can edit and export in record time.
Free Web Video Downloader
iMovie on iPad Pro
A powerful performance in every movie.
iMovie delivers a tour de force on iPad Pro. Work with multiple 4K video clips. Create effects like green screen, picture‑in‑picture, or split screen and play them back instantly. Use keyboard shortcuts to speed up your editing performance. And with the USB‑C port on iPad Pro, you can connect to an external display to show others your latest cut in 4K while you continue editing.
iMovie in the Classroom
Assignments that come to life.
Engage your students through video storytelling. Students can use green-screen effects to go back in time for history projects, or create split-screen and picture-in-picture effects to report on current events. Drag-and-drop trailers make it even simpler to create beautiful, personal projects that look and sound great. And iMovie for iOS works with ClassKit, so teachers can assign projects to students, and students can easily hand in their finished assignments right from the app.
iMovie is easy to use, and it’s free. Just click to download and install on your Mac or iOS device.Download iMovie for iOSDownload iMovie for macOS
Clips is a free iOS app for making and sharing fun videos with text, effects, graphics, and more.