Also a file downloader for Mac can resume broken downloads, while in a browser you'll need to start over. Folx file downloader also offers a unique system of sorting and storing of the downloaded content. Dec 18, 2014 What's the best IDM - Internet Download Manager? Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tonie, May 14. Like + Quote Reply. Madog, May 14, 2009. Madog macrumors 65816. Joined: Nov 25, 2004. Best Internet download manager for Mac As the developer of Folx I offer you to try this free download manager for Mac.Besides, official internet download manager downloading tool, you might want to check out its top 10 alternatives. We have compiled this list of IDM alternatives after a thorough research and I hope you will like it. So, if you are trying to find other download managers out there on the internet below is the 10 alternatives of internet download manager in 2018.ContentsAlternatives of IDM in 2018
- Download Accelerator Plus (DAP)
- Internet Download Accelerator
- Orbit Downloader
- FreeRapid Downloader
- FlashGet Downloader
- Go!Zilla Downloader
- Download Accelerator Manager (DAM)
- GetRight Download Manager
- Mipony Download Manager
Alternatives of IDM in 2018
JDownloader is the best alternative for internet download manager, you can download it for any operating system including Windows, Linux, Mac, and Java. It is an open-source free download manager for downloading things from the internet, it has a huge list of developers who work on JDownloader and make the download procedure as faster as possible. Your internet connection also plays a good role when it comes to providing maximum download speed. If you are downloading jDownloader to troubleshoot broken downloads then it is the best choice for you, however, if you like it to make your download file speed faster then it depends on multiple factors you should know. Just like internet download manager (IDM) you can start, pause, resume, and stop downloads. You can also schedule your downloads and can save bandwidth if you uses a limited internet device. It makes the downloads up to 10% faster and saves your precious time.JDownloader
Our readers suggested that Eagleget is the best alternative for IDM in comments so we decided to update our article with it. It uses advanced multi-threaded technology that helps to increase the speed of your downloads just like IDM. EagleGet splits up your download file into several parts and then transferring them simultaneously, thus increase download speed by 6 times.
Best of all, EagleGet can automatically update expired download URLs without re-starting the downloading from beginning hence it saves your precious time. You can schedule multiple download queues, implement speed limiting, sort downloads by various criteria or even remove unnecessary downloaded files physically. Support for all major browsers that includes i.e., Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and IE. It really doesn’t matter, which browser you use it can always maximize the download speed without boundaries.
DAP gives you the fast acceleration on each download with the complete set of download tools in 2018. Download accelerator plus have made it even easier to download things faster, smoother and safer. We have listed down the best features of DAP below to let you know about similar benefits of DAP as IDM. Download the latest version of DAP by clicking the button below and see why over 293 million users are using DAP as there internet downloads management.
Download Accelerator Plus (DAP)
Download Accelerator Plus Features
- You can easily download files in the fastest speed possible
- Watch videos in the middle of downloading (This feature is also known as Video preview)
- It also makes sure that the files you download are valid or not (it is known as DAP Link Checker)
- You can check for the file information before downloading it
- It helps you to download videos from YouTube and other video sharing sites
- DAP also gives you the ability to convert videos to any format video to MP3
- It provides download security from viruses and malicious scripts
Yet another download management software for PC to enhance the download speed on each download noticeably. Internet download accelerator achieves this download speed by splitting up the file into many parts and download them at the same time gradually in a few minutes. You can also resume your broken downloads, start, pause and stop the downloads on one click action. You can also target the URL to download things from a webpage.
Internet Download Accelerator
Internet download accelerator can be integrated with Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla, Opera, Netscape, Safari like browsers to increase the usability. Moreover, the program monitors the system clipboard and detects URLs in the clipboard just like IDM.
- Site manager for password and download folders management
- Search for files, programs, games, and music
- File explorer
- Download speed control
- Automatic mode for the most comfortable browsing on the web
- IDA Bar for Internet Explorer and Firefox (a toolbar)
Orbit Downloader is a great download manager, it aims to download video/music/files from the most popular social media sites like Myspace, YouTube, Imeem, Pandora, Rapidshare, etc. It makes the general downloading even easier, faster and safer to all.Key Features
Some of the great key features by Orbit Downloader:
Download Manager For Mac Osx
FreeRapid Downloader is available for Windows, Linux, MacOS, etc. Stop bearing the default lazy downloading and try something unique. It’s a Java-based downloader and aims to download things from Rapidshare, Facebook, Youtube, and other file-sharing services. FreeRapid Downloader lets you add specific links to download by simply adding the link in this software’s add URL option.Get FreeRapid Downloader
FlashGet is the best download manager to download the stuff from the internet into your computer faster, safer and clean from malware, spyware, etc. You can call anti-virus cleaner after completing the installations of FlashGet Downloader to clean bugs that will exist in the computer. It boosts the downloading speed by up to 6-10 times.Get FlashGet Downloader
Go!Zilla improves your internet downloading speed on full tilt, Go!Zilla download manager is for Windows. Here are some key features of Go!Zilla Software:Key Features
Download Accelerator Manager (DAM) enable us to download not only internet files but also web media files from such most popular sites like YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, etc at maximum speed. DAM is one of the best downloading software like IDM to grab videos and audio music from a webpage. It works in all major web browsers. DAM is blazing fast, clean and easy to use.To download DAM click the button right over here:Get Download Accelerator Manager (DAM)
Download Accelerator Manager (DAM)
With GetRight Download Manager schedules, resumes and accelerates your downloads. You don’t need to worry about your web connection on failing in the middle of the download. GetRight has been a leader and an innovator among other download manager software.Get GetRight Download Manager
GetRight Download Manager
Mipony is completely free software and designed to download files from free hosting web pages like Fileserve, Rapidshare, Hotfiles etc. With Mipony download manager, you don’t need to worry about managing your downloads after all Mipony takes care of your every download.Get Mipony Download Manager
Mipony Download Manager
You may also like:
- 10 Best Internet Download Manager Alternatives 2018
- Top 10 Best Android Internet Download Managers (IDM) in 2018
- Free Download Internet Download Manager (IDM)
- Top 15 Free Download Manager Apps for Android in 2016 – 2017
- Download Internet Download Manager 6.27 Build 5 (IDM)
Aug 28,2019 • Filed to: Video Downloader and Recorder • Proven solutions
Internet Download Manager is a popular video downloader tool. However, Internet Download Manager for Mac is not available. So if you are using a Mac, you need to look for an altneriave to Internet Download Manager to download videos on Mac. Below we help you to pick up the best IDM for Mac alternative to download videos on Mac with ease.
The Best Alternative for Internet Download Manager on Mac (macOS Mojave)
iTube HD Video Downloader is the best Internet Download Manager for Mac alternative available on the web, with a very friendly and intuitive interface, fast downloading speed, and a lot of cool features.
iTube HD Video Downloader - IDM for Mac Alternative
- Allow you to download videos from YouTube, VEVO, Metacafe and 10,000+ websites.
- It is really fast (30X), and support 4K UHD videos, full HD videos download.
- This alternative to Internet Download Manager for Mac is also a video converter and organizer.
- It allows multiple videos download, playback modes, resume playback, task scheduling, and more.
- You can preset to iPhone, Android, Game console, web and many other formats.
- Instantly transfer videos to your Android, iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
How to Download Videos on Mac (macOS High Sierra, Sierra Included)
Step 1. Download IDM for Mac Alternative，
First, download the program on your Mac. And drag the program file to the 'Applications' folder to install the program on your Mac. This program will launch automatically when the installation completed.
Step 2. Download Online Videos on Mac
With this program, you will get three different ways to download your favorite YouTube videos. After you get your videos played on your Mac by Chrome, Firefox, or Safari, you can start to download as following guides:
1) On the video window, you will get a 'Download' button. You can just click it to download video.
Copy the video URL and you can click the Paste URL button on the main interface of the program to download video.
You can drag the URL icon of the video to the iTube HD Video Downloader for Mac operation interface to download video.
Tips: This program provides function of one click to download multiple videos in a YouTube channel, user page, playlist and category. When you open YouTube channel or playlist, you will see a 'Download' button with 'Playlist' option. Just click it and you will get a window for you to choose the videos you want. Select videos you like and click 'Download' to start downloading multiple videos.
Step 3 Convert the Downloaded Videos.
To access the downloaded videos, you can hit the 'Downloaded' tab in the 'Download' menu. And you can add the video to the 'Convert' menu by clicking the 'Add to Convert List' icon.
To convert video, you only need to open the 'Convert' menu and click the 'Convert' button next to the target video clip and then choose a format you prefer from the pop-up window. The program also provides you with multiple presets for mobile devices, which enables you to watch the videos anywhere and anytime you like.
Why You Should Look for an Internet Download Manager for Mac Alternative?
Internet Downloader Manager is a good tool. However, sometimes this app could not be enough for your needs, or it may not be compatible with your computer. Let's see what issues Internet Download Manager presents:
- The tool is compatible with any Windows operating system, but if you use a Mac, you will need another program.
- It offers a fast downloading speed, but not the fastest available on the web.
- For some users, all the scheduling and organizing features could be too complicated, or sometimes annoying.
- The interface is not intuitive, and users could get lost during the setup.
- Users need to technical knowledge to access the advanced features.
7 Common Issues When Using Internet Download Manager
1. IDM connecting to the Internet but the download isn't starting. Sometimes it even shows errors like 'Permission denied' or 'cannot download this file'. This happens when IDM is set to use proxy or socks that do not work anymore.
Solution: Click on 'options' and navigate to 'Proxy/Socks'. Disable or simply uncheck the options on Use proxy or use Socks.
2. Showing the error message 'Cannot transfer download in IDM' when you click on start download. This error occurs when the IDM and the browser are explicitly set to work under different privileges.
Solution: This problem can be caused by myriad of reasons. The best way to handle it is to reinstall the entire program. It will be fixed.
3. Download progress stuck at some point, especially 99%. The two main causes of this error is when you use older version of IDM or a cracked version of it.
Solution: This problem has been fixed in newer versions and thus upgrading to a current version is the ultimate solution.
4. Having a very slow download speed. There are many factors that determine how fast your download speed will be. These include the type of the server, time of the day when the download is being performed or even your ISP. However, if there is no problem with the source of the file and the ISP, then possible solutions could still be available.
Solution: Ensure that speed limit isn't set by checking on 'download' the navigating to 'speed limiter'. Other solutions could be downloading from mirror sites or closing other simultaneous downloads.
5. Browser integration fails. IDM is able to grab downloads in a browser if their marriage was successful. That's how it operates. However, if it wasn't set in the first place, then downloads will not be through the IDM.
Solution: IDM is typically an add-on in the browser. If the integration was successful but downloads are not through the IDM, then open add-ons from the browser and 'enable' IDM from there.
6. Download resume failing even when the download resume capability for that file is 'yes'. This problem is caused by conflict arising between other programs and the file parts which have been written on the disk. Such programs would be antivirus programs or even firewalls.
Solution: Try disabling the antivirus or the firewall and see if resuming the download actually works. If it works, then install alternative programs which do not conflict real-time downloads.
7. IDM downloading html files instead of rar and zip files or even other fairly large files. This occurs especially when downloading from file sharing sites like rapidshare. This is because IDM is not well configured with those sites.
Solution: Try looking those files from other servers like mirrors. Also try upgrading your IDM and see if it solves the problem.
If you have ever used the Internet download manager for, then you know how fast a download can be. However, it is important to know the reasons behind the most common issues so that dealing with them becomes an easy task.