Solved hdmi to vga adapter that run to box with rca out to tv for video.does not work solution Solved VGA to HDMI doesn't work? Solution vga to hdmi not working Forum. VGA to HDMI Converters. HDMI to VGA Cable HDMI Male To VGA RGB Female HDMI To VGA Video Converter Adapter 1080P For PC Black Male-Female Adapter Converter. Product Image. Wavlink Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt) to HDMI VGA Adapter Converter for Apple Mac Book Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac mini, Microsoft Surface Pro 1/Pro 2/Pro 3.
Mac computers that have any of the following ports can connect to HDMI devices. Learn how to identify the ports on your Mac.
Hdmi free download - HDMI, Intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI, ATI HDMI Audio, and many more programs. MediaHuman YouTube to MP3 Converter. Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Best Video Software. Question re HDMI converter by jopapa. While the converters work as far as video and audio goes, neither shows closed captioning. I don't know of any component to HDMI box on the market. I recently purchased an HDMI to RCA converter box to be able to connect my PC computer or my 'Acer Iconia Tablet' to my OLD TV and play movie videos on it.
- HDMI port: Connects directly to HDMI using an HDMI cable.
- USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port: Connects to HDMI using an adapter, such as the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.
- Mini DisplayPort: Connects to HDMI using a third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter or cable.
Mac computers that have an HDMI port comply with HDMI 1.4b and support:
- At least 1080p video over HDMI, and some Mac models support higher resolutions when connecting to 4K displays, 5K displays, and Ultra HD TVs
- 8-channel/24-bit audio at 192kHz, Dolby Surround 5.1, and traditional stereo
- HDCP-encrypted playback from iTunes and QuickTime Player (version 10). Safari in macOS Sierra or later also supports HDCP-encrypted playback, if the web page is HTML5-enabled and the content is FairPlay Streaming-enabled and delivered using Media Source Extensions or HTTP Live Streaming.
If using an adapter, check the specifications of the adapter to learn about supported resolutions and other details.
Why Is My Converter Box Not Working
After making the connection
If your Mac doesn't recognize your HDTV, display, or other HDMI device after making the connection:
- Turn off the HDMI device while your Mac is turned on.
- Unplug the HDMI cable from your Mac, then plug it in again.
- Turn on the HDMI device.
If the video on your HDTV or display extends beyond the borders of the screen, open Displays preferences and adjust the Underscan slider for a better fit. Use any of these methods to open Displays preferences:
- Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Displays.
- Press Shift-Command-A to open the Applications folder. Then double-click System Preferences, then click Displays.
- If your keyboard has brightness controls, press Option–Brightness Up or Option–Brightness Down.
If your HDMI device isn't receiving audio from your Mac:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sound. In the Output pane, make sure that your HDMI device is selected.
- If you're connecting using a Mini DisplayPort adapter, make sure that your Mac can send audio over Mini DisplayPort.
- If you're connecting from a Mac mini, unplug any audio device that is plugged into your computer's Audio-Out port.
If your Mac goes to sleep while a video is playing or paused, you might see an HDCP error. Quit the app that is playing the video, then open the app again. If the issue continues, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Energy Saver and adjust the settings so that your display doesn't turn off.
- If your Mac has an HDMI port, you can use the Apple HDMI to DVI Adapter to connect to a DVI display.
- Mac computers don't support using CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) to control HDMI devices.